What to do when your college revoked or force to shut down?

This is a very important question ”What you should do when your college shut down/revoked?” Every single day I get hundreds of inquiry regarding college revoked or shut down by email, text and phone calls. A large number of international students facing this problem now and they are forced to change their college/university due to revoking their institutes.

As per government Tier 4 policy for international students in UK every college/university has to be Highly Trusted by April, 2012. As a result some bogus and low rated college/university losing their Tier 4 licence.

What is the effect if your college revoked

  • Your visa will be curtailed automatically if you don’t find a new sponsor within 60 days
  • You must show your English language proficiency again to enroll in new college
  • You have to apply for new Tier 4 student visa application
  • Student will lose par-time work permit automatically

Few key points to know when your college revoked

  • You must get admission within 60 days in a college or university under new Tier 4 policy
  • Make sure your college or university have got minimum ‘A’ trusted sponsor licence
  • As soon as possible sit for English language test for new admission
  • Prepare your maintenance funds for 28 days

Now everything you have to do within 60 days to find a new sponsor. Please be aware that IELTS/B2/TOEFL is necessary for admission in college/university. If you need assistance to find a new sponsor (college or university) you can contact with me here info@thelondonstudy.com or 07964 576742.

Join our Facebook Fan Page conversations for guidance or share your experience in Facebook.

The London Study

quick admission in highly trusted college in central london

call or email us immediately
admission@thelondonstudy.com or 07964 576742

This is SM Nazir Hossain and I'm blogging about Studying in UK alongside my study when I get spare time. I'm passionate about digital marketing and I love to watch cricket, football, cinema. Desired profession Digital Marketing expert. Follow me in twitter @Twitter

View all contributions by

To get free latest updates, just sign up here

Looking for update from Home office or maybe interested to know more recent news with courses and career guideline! Just sign up with us to know more about Tier 4 latest updates including UKVI news.

70 comments… add one
  • Arif
    December 3, 2011, 3:32 am Reply

    Hi Guys,
    Hope you are doing great.

    May be some students are passing bad time for their college suspend or revoked issue.

    If your college suspend then dont worry just carry your class until your college closed or revoke. If your college revoked then you must have to get admission into new college or univeristy.

    If you need any professional help then you can contact with bellow companies. some of my friend get got support from them

  • Jony
    January 19, 2012, 9:01 am Reply

    Hi Sir

    My college Cavandish college recently revoked or close down I need to apply for another college with work permit can you please suggest me where I’ll get work permit… I went Glyndwr University London campus but they refused me for academic progress. I am in this country for 6 months only.

    Please help me. Thnks

    • admin
      January 19, 2012, 9:04 am Reply


      Sorry for sudden closure of Cavendish College. Please email me or call me for University of Sunderland (London Campus) courses with very affordable cost. They will accept your case I believe.

      All the best

      • umar khan
        February 17, 2012, 11:30 pm Reply

        hi sir
        i got three years visa in march 2010 for cima course but in december 2010 i changed my course to one year postgraduate diploma course and its finished in january 2012 and i am wating for my results but on 16th jan my college closed and my question is that i dont want any new admission can i wait here to get my reuslt or i need to go back within 60 days and if i want to stay few days more than how many days i can stay as grace days because i am ill and may be it takes few months to recover.

        • admin
          February 19, 2012, 5:29 pm Reply

          Thanks for your inquiry.

          If your college suspended then you can stay until your college get any final review or decision from UKBA but if its revoked then you have to change your sponsor college or university within 60 days.

          If you are not clear please ask me again.


    • zara
      February 10, 2014, 12:10 pm Reply

      Dear sir/madam
      my name is zara dear iam now studyning in BIETTEC ( Birmingham Institute of Education Training and Technology (BIETTEC)so dear i need some information about this colleg can you help me
      my question is is this colleg closing soon or making some decition about colleg becouse the people got too much fee and more mony if th is college is closing so i look other colleg becouse i dont need waste my time in this college.

      i hop you can reply me

      • faisal
        April 11, 2014, 7:36 pm Reply

        i can help you. just email me. i got number of colleges in birmingham area

        • Poonam
          June 8, 2015, 10:37 pm Reply

          My college is revoked need new admission. Pls help

  • masuma begum
    March 31, 2012, 9:54 pm Reply

    what is happening is london school of commerce & it, is it going to be close down. I want to know about this college.

  • adnan
    April 5, 2012, 9:33 am Reply

    sir my collage is revoked on 29th of march and im going to get admission in new institute my question is can i carry on with my 20 hour work in uk during these 60 days ?


    • admin
      April 6, 2012, 4:34 pm Reply

      Yes. Until you get your new visa you are allowed to work as per your current immigration status. Thanks Adnan.

      • nasir
        September 26, 2013, 3:36 pm Reply

        to correct.
        one is not allowed to work during the period new visa arrived

  • Madhav phuyal
    April 5, 2012, 5:13 pm Reply

    Hi sir
    My college name is guildhall college .I got 3 years visa in 2010 but Unfurtunetuly when I came my college was in black list . So we started our class late but after few month of class we had an assignment . After we submit it our college gave us holiday for 1 month but our classes didn’t run after a month and we were unable to atten any classes up to 3 months then after then we go to the college . College building and class room all were trimmed out it was small and we bearly had 3 rooms left for class room and all teacher office were adjusted in 1 hall which used to be our computer room . I asked one of the teacher about the situation he said they still have A ratings . Every thing is normal and we have to pay the fees regularly and atten our classes . Following days I went to atten classes but no teaching was been done and I saw hardly 50 pupils in college . So after analysing college . I didn’t feel to go to college because of its poor situation . So I started saving money to go to new college . My college is still in A rating and I have got no any progress report from my college . Now I want to go to highly trusted college for my education is there any chances I will get visa . If not what should I do please write to me .

    • admin
      April 6, 2012, 4:35 pm Reply

      Dear Madhav

      Yes you will get the visa but make sure you follow all recent UKBA Tier 4 rules and maintain required fund for applying new visa. Thanks

  • Madhav phuyal
    April 5, 2012, 5:24 pm Reply

    Hi sir ,
    My college name is guildhall it is A rated college , I regularly used to atten my college but after we had our first assignment we got 1 month holiday and after that our classes didn’t start up to 3 month we went college to find out the reason they said they are having some problems and our college was limited into 5 rooms and students were limited into less then 100 and there was chances of college being shut down so after that I didn’t atten any classes . My college is still in A rating . Now I want to go to another college for my admission and apply visa . It’s been nearly 2 years I am staying in London I have got no progress report yet . is there any chances for me to get a visa if I go to public funded college or highly trusted college .

  • Ron
    April 7, 2012, 2:39 pm Reply

    Hi ,
    Actually my college is not in the ukba sponserlist. And even the college admin is not picking the phone and is shutdown. But i haven’t received any letter or email from ukba that its been shutdown. Universities are not picking us until september. What shall i do know.? Shall i continue till september or shall i go for a 6 months english course.? What do u reckon..?

    • admin
      April 7, 2012, 3:02 pm Reply

      Dear Ron

      Thanks for your comments. You can’t wait till September for your admission. UKBA or College doesn’t provide any confirmation of college closure in many occasions. You have to take admission immediately. Otherwise you will fall in trouble. For admission you can contact with me by direct calling using our contact page.

      Join our Facebook Fan page of The London study. Thanks

  • nakul
    April 25, 2012, 8:50 pm Reply

    Can you please provide us the full address of university of sunderland london campus .
    postcode and all

  • Ali Naeem Butt
    August 23, 2012, 4:49 am Reply

    sir please inform me west end college suspended or revoked this time ?

  • Kabir
    November 6, 2012, 2:16 am Reply

    Hi sir
    I am student in college in uk.my visa is expired on 22 dec 2012 my course also finished this date.they don’t get me any extra days.now my progress is not proper ready.now please told me when I submit my new application is better.you also need to know my college highly trusted.now I submitted my new application if I get any chance on work-permit.please give me some idea what I do now…

  • noman shah
    December 23, 2012, 1:09 am Reply

    hi sir my college was revocked and i was waiting for any confirmation from ukba but now i get a latter from ukba in that latter ukba say that you have just 60 day apply for another visa and get new admiision and apply for another visa so i am confused about maintaince fee should i can keep for 2 months or 9 months
    plz sir reply me as soon as possible

  • humail
    January 7, 2013, 12:05 am Reply

    My visa is going out at this Feb and I want to carry on my study with work so plz give me Gud advice

  • Ahmed
    January 31, 2013, 8:50 pm Reply

    My college Leeds professional college is shutting down,
    even we don’t know that its licence is suspended or revoked.college doors are also closed

  • Ahmed
    January 31, 2013, 8:52 pm Reply

    My college Leeds professional college is shutting down,
    even we don’t know that its licence is suspended or revoked.college doors are also closed.its doors closed on 4th December and now 31st January we have not received any letter from UKBA.Could you pls tell me how i can request a letter from UKBA to take admission in any other college?

    • admin
      February 16, 2013, 7:01 pm Reply

      Please contact us for further admission in HTS College or University.

      • Tej
        September 12, 2013, 7:11 pm Reply

        I was studying in NLMS,london..UK from the period oct2010 to aug2011 then after holidays college got blacklisted but it was on list until jan2012.Then before expiry of my visa instead of renewing the visa i came back to my home country..Now,i want to reapply for uk student visa..I didn’t overstay and also i wanted to study here but my bad luck college got suspended..So,kindly sugggest i have got the IELTS bands i.e-6bands again and wish to go for MBA.Please contact me and Guide accordingly admin,Cheers..

        • admin
          September 15, 2013, 1:32 pm Reply

          Dear Tej

          It is hard for your to get UK visa again as previously you didn’t get any qualification. You can try but possibilities is not good. All the best 🙂

        • Aftaab
          October 8, 2013, 2:55 pm Reply

          Contact us and we will explain you in detail and will help you with your query

  • Ishtiaq
    February 25, 2013, 12:08 am Reply

    Sir my question is that , I checked my Colg on ukba sponsored list there is not my Colg, my Colg is close 19 feb 2013 and now my visa will expire 25may 2013 so plz tell me sir I have need in 60 days to get admission in new Colg or apply for visa in 60 days because my visa left for more 3 months?????

  • Rohit
    March 11, 2013, 9:37 pm Reply

    Hello sir,

    Am a student in London,
    My college was revoked approximately a year more/less. Actually I don’t know when it was revoked. I use to go college regularly, we are asked to sit in lab and browse Internet… That used to be our classes more over facility who use to sit with us don’t know anything what ever we as she use to tell her to search the net… Then am fed up and stopped going to college… Now still got 1 more year visa but I want to study… Problem is I haven’t received any letter from college or UKBA… What to do now please help me

  • Kashif
    April 2, 2013, 11:02 pm Reply

    My college was suspended 2 months ago which is Stoke college of managment & it in Stoke on Trent in that period I had submitted my application in UKBA for my visa extension my visa just came through when I went college there wasn’t college left it has revoked someone told me about this college when I asked one office which is based at same building there was UKBA has left the contect no of their when I had rang them off I asked what happend with my college he told me that we have taken their licence . My question is I haven’t got any notice or notification from my college neither UKBA when have spoken to UKBA they were saying meet that person he will help you . What I am spouse to do ?
    Please help me out about this matter

  • saif iqbal
    April 8, 2013, 6:50 pm Reply

    Hi sir my college is UK EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL LTD.HAMMERSMITH. i check on ukba highly trusted list and it is not there? what does it mean. is this suspended,closed or revoked. kindly tell me if you have any information. Also suggest me what shall i have to do now as there is no information for me from UKBA Or from my college.

    • hakima
      July 13, 2014, 11:50 pm Reply

      hello, my college has been suspended 5 5 months ago and i have been told that i have to wait for 60 days letter but till now i dont receive nothing from the home office and my passport still in the home office because the suspension happened just after 1 month when i did my finger print (biometric) so please tell me what should i do to sort out with this situation because i am really about my case here in uk and i want to study not to waist my time , thank you so much .

  • Shafiq Khalid
    April 26, 2013, 7:25 pm Reply

    My college name is Thames College Berkshire at Reading, it was suspended a couple of week ago. Our college administration is trying to come back it. What I need to do in this situation.

  • T Joe
    May 7, 2013, 12:55 pm Reply

    Hello , I am also from Uk education Professional college. The name is not there in the list and dont know if it is suspended or revoked. College is not answering calls. What to do ? Should i wait for 60 days letter. Please help

  • Mohamed
    May 22, 2013, 10:29 pm Reply

    Hello i am also uk professional education college. actually i dont know which date the college revoked ? i am ready make fresh application but i am not sure about the date which is closed. if it is exceed more than 60 dayas what gonna happend for my application.

    • saif uqbal
      May 31, 2013, 3:30 pm Reply

      Hi mohamed could u please contact with me. Iam also student of this college.My number is 07405758038..i want to share some information.regards saif…

  • Raza
    June 22, 2013, 12:13 pm Reply


    I have received a letter from ukba to submit my new application for tier 4 because my previous college has been revoked, Question is how much money i have to show in my bank account for maintenance..

  • hashhy
    June 25, 2013, 2:04 am Reply


    I came to uk in April 2011 and after 4-5 months my college got revoked. Than after complete confirmation of my college I took admission in a govt. Funded college named city college Birmingham in november and again that college lost its licence in November 2012.but the problem is I applied for visa in may 2012 but before my cas expires. And they returned my documents by saying that I haven’t had sufficient fees for visa application but I had. Then I called ukba and they felt guilty and told me to send the application back with all documents. And I sent it back next day in june. And as I said before the college lost its licence in nov . And my ielts was also get expired so I had to retake it aswell. I spoke to UKBA about all this they advised me to take admission in other college and send them fresh application with cas , bank statement, IELTs . they said they will process the file on same fees. After all this I took admission in a highly trusted college in February 2013., but just sent the CAS letter and IELTS but didn’t send the bank statement yet. Then I spoke to them 2days ago they said either wait for the decision of previous application or send a fresh application with every docs which they asked. Plzz advice me what should I do. And what would be the decision gonna be. Plzzz…

    • admin
      July 4, 2013, 5:45 pm Reply

      Dear Hashhy

      The best thing you can do is to send a fresh application with every docs which they’ve asked. All the best.

  • Awais Raja
    July 16, 2013, 3:19 pm Reply

    Hi I am a x student of Mancunia College Manchester but now it has shut down on 25 th june thos year…. And UKBA sent me a letter that you have to either leave UK till 2 nd September or send a new visa application….
    The fact is I am off to Italy with my wife (She is British Citizen)… I just wanna know that I’m coming back to uk for applying a new student visa but I have a confusion that Will UKBA detain me at airport or they will allow me to enter remind my 60 days gonna expire in September….

  • majid
    July 18, 2013, 5:25 pm Reply

    hi, i was studying in leeds professional college but unfortunately the college got shut down in Jan13, i waited for my letter from ukba but it was not there so i flew back to my homeland in April.i still have my visa till March 2014..Now,i wanted to ask you is, can i travel back to UK and get admission from there or i would have to file a fresh application?
    waiting for your answer.

  • faisal shah
    August 13, 2013, 9:54 pm Reply

    my friend which applied his tier 1 general visa extension got refused in jan 2013 bt given him right of appeal.he facilitated this option and initiated the appeal right but on may his appeal too not successful and asking to leave in 28 days time,, mean while he was in touch with court and end of june he put a fresh application but again his cas was unacceptable as college suspended right after issuing cas.
    can any on tell what to do ?


  • Abdul Mumit
    September 21, 2013, 3:09 am Reply

    Hi, my 1st college was aston college &its revoked feb2013 then I apply form Kinnaird college Manchester 29th April 2013. Unfortunately this college also revoked.in this situation I didnt get any letter from ukba ….I m still weating from ukba letter. .Please let me know what should I do? Can Iwait more orsend a new cas to home office. I went chester university they wanted to know ukba whn send me letter. .

    • Sam
      October 8, 2013, 3:44 pm Reply

      You should call ukba and ask them regarding your situation. If you have more than six months visa than you can apply from university but if its less than six months than you can’t apply, that’s ukba new rule.

  • Adnan Azam
    December 31, 2013, 3:06 am Reply

    Hi My college suspend in ukba list monthly date of 29 october.than My college hearing on i think 12,13 december 2013.then My college decission out he would be revoked 18’19 december.My College name Bedfordshire College of luton.please u guide me what Can i do in future plz?

    • Adnan azam
      January 15, 2014, 5:53 am Reply

      Hi me Adnan azam my college revoked. Study in Acca level 7.I have passed first 3 books f1,f2,f3. Me question what is my maitence fund inside London for new student application? Reply me as soon as possible plz!

  • Syeda
    January 31, 2014, 12:23 am Reply

    Hello! My college was revoked while my Tier4 application is on going. UKBA sent me the 60-day notice. I started my course in ACCA in October. College was revoked in December. Can i change course from ACCA to PhD? UKBA is holding my passport as my application is still pending. Thanks.

  • Syeda
    January 31, 2014, 12:26 am Reply

    How do I refund money from my college that was revoked? Do i report it to the police if they dont want to refund? Thanks.

  • Majid Raza
    February 11, 2014, 11:00 pm Reply

    During my application process UKBA suspend my college. UKBA send me letter and give me 60 days time to send new CAS with new sponsor college and send fresh application form as well, last date is 25 Feb 2014, Today I get CAS letter from new college, now i want to submit my CAS letter to UKBA along with new bank statement, now i have confusion may i need to pay UKBA fees again which i already paid 406 pounds? If i will apply online then i must need to pay again otherwise i can not complete my application form, please guide me and reply me as soon as possible,
    thanks in advance for your kind support and guidance.

  • nilu
    March 2, 2014, 11:06 am Reply

    Hi sir,
    my college in legacy.can i change my college to another college with new cas letter.

    • admin
      March 19, 2014, 9:07 pm Reply

      Yes you can.

  • Hasmukh Patel
    March 21, 2014, 1:32 am Reply

    My college is revoked and i hv to put file again . i hv one dependent (wife)
    so how much maintanance fund required .
    Bcoz someone says if u put back up then you hv to show less balance and if u put like fresh application then u hv to show more balance .
    so pls guide me bcoz i hv short time left and i hv to maintain fund .

  • Kuldeep kaur
    March 26, 2014, 4:28 pm Reply

    Hello sir,
    I just wants to know that as home office send letters for new English test , Is there time limit to send them a new test as my file is in home office for extension. I got letter on 7 feb …but get a date for test 10 april .thnx

    • admin
      March 30, 2014, 7:02 pm Reply

      It explains in your UKBA Letter that you may wait until final decision comes for TOEIC and TOEFL (ETS) investigation or alternatively you can sit for UKVI approved other english language tests.

      I hope this will help you. Thanks.

  • Abdul Mansuri
    April 16, 2014, 1:17 am Reply

    hi My name is Abdul. just want to ask if anyone know about this. I am currently studying in LCA business school london(which claims branch campus for anglia ruskin university) I am studying MBA here. I got CAS sponsered by anglia rusking univerisity. now i have heard that lCA is suspended. is that means i need to change college????
    or Anglia ruskin university will be responsible for my sponsership????
    if anybody got knowledge about this please reply me on abdul_shahid88@hotmail.co.uk

    • admin
      April 16, 2014, 3:00 am Reply

      Dear Abdul

      Thanks for your comments and concern about LCA Business School. We would like to tell you the information you’ve got is completely wrong. In fact we’ve just posted a new article about LCA Business School rumours. Click here to read more about LCA Business School rumours.

      We hope this will help to justify your situation. Thanks.

  • abou
    April 22, 2014, 2:52 am Reply

    hi i was in a college they now suspended was doing a pgd but i reconaise i failed many time to complete all am assement criteria coz it was abp programme and finaly i extend my course twice for the last time i submited all ma 8 assignement and again they said to me you missed some assment criteria and we not able to extend your course and you have been already reported to ukba without any notice or warning letter and now they said to me to find a new enrolement and they can give me to coplete ma assigment coz i juste have to complete few things .i just feel like they playing with and wanna know what i can do? thank

  • Muhammad
    April 22, 2014, 12:47 pm Reply

    I just want to ask that my college name was removed from UKBA Tier 4 list in mid feb and uptill now I have not recieved any Curtailment letter from UKBA. I have tried to call college but no one is responding. What should I do? should I wait for the letter from UKBA or call them to send me a letter? Kindly help

  • Kati
    July 11, 2014, 3:44 pm Reply

    Dear Sir,
    I am considering taking a HND course at Williams College London but I couldn’t reach them neither on the phone nor by email considering that the college website has been recently blocked.Does this mean that the college has been suspended ? Any updates I could get about the college? I would be grateful
    Looking forward to hearing from you

  • abul hasnat
    July 17, 2014, 4:34 am Reply

    HiThanks ame is Hasnat.. I came in uk in 2009 as a student.. 2 months ago my college has revoked.. I haven’t gt any letter from ukba.. Nw I want to apply for spous visa?Hw do I know that my visa is still valid or nt? Normally my visa will expires on 28h of august

  • Joshua
    August 7, 2014, 1:03 pm Reply

    Hi Ian Joshua I was regular student of my college London college Wimbledon as I wrote my first semester exams in dec 2010 n came back to my country in that time I fell sick so had to extend my stay I even informed to college so they said ok n I must provide medical of my leave so I did , they said ok an later some days passed the college has completely closed down I tried to contact the office but no response I heard frm my friends n my lecturers that the college has closed down storied to go back but could not . In the year 20011 now I am struggling can go back to peruse my studies now I am looking for good trusted college can u help me out sir . Pls email me ur reply

  • Azom
    September 12, 2014, 12:43 pm Reply

    Hi, my college has been revoked yesterday and I have got four and half month visa which will expire January 2015. So when I can get 60days letter. Some of my friend told me that if I have got less then 6 month visa then I can’t get 69 days letter. Please comment

  • hameeda
    November 10, 2014, 7:16 pm Reply

    Hi, my college has been revoked on 7th Nov 2014 and my visa is on hold when I can get 60days letter. please comments

    • admin
      November 12, 2014, 1:57 am Reply

      Dear Hameeda

      You need to contact UKVI to request for 60 days curtailment letter. Click this link to contact UKVI.

  • fari
    December 20, 2014, 10:32 pm Reply

    My college is suspended and they got 98 allegation but college asked appeal. I have an urgent travel to go back home because of my surgery for for three weeks and my visa valid till august 2015, but i am concerning about if college will revoked by that time. can i enter uk? although i booked my flight from the other city where my brother lives and we have connected flight from Europe(Amsterdam)

    Please help this is an urgent issue.


  • John
    January 1, 2015, 10:31 am Reply

    Hi, my name is john i am a stuednt in Edwards college , recently i come to know that the college is rewoked , when i check with the lecture, he said yes the college is rewoked because of only one allegation that they gave admission to MBA holders for level 7 .He also said , they are going for appeal and will be back on the list soon . I have to travel in 2 weeks for an emergency for 3 weeks, will be there any issue in the airport when i come back ? or will they be able to see which college i m studying and the status of college unless they check in detail ? please help !!! waiting for your reply, thank you

  • bhumika
    January 20, 2015, 8:47 am Reply

    Hello my case is totally different..i am on student visa but need some advise…what to do to contac u

  • matt
    January 23, 2015, 10:44 am Reply

    Hi there ,

    My college is suspended and i have received 60 days letter to change a sponsor that is not bis issue as i thought , but nobody takes me and telling that they not takes students from suspended colleges , what to do , it is looks like my fault but i was attending classes regularly and studying well , so unfair (( help

Leave a Comment

Cancel reply