UK Tier 4 Highly Trusted Government College in London

Many of this blog reader requested me to know which college are government or public funded higher education (HE) college.  Due to my tight schedule it was hard for me to update regularly. But today at last I’m going to introduce with you Tier 4 Highly trusted sponsor (HTS)  government colleges where you are able to get part-time work (10 hours weekly if the course is below degree level) permit if you get admit.

Across the London city have some great school and college’s which are funded by government and also known as further education college or institute.  Here is the list of UK public funded Highly Trusted college in London. This HTS school and college list will update periodically.

List of Public Funded College in London:

  • City of Westminster College
  • Lewisham College in South East London
  • Ealing Hammersmith and West London College in west London
  • Westminster Kingsway College in Central London
  • Newham College in East London
  • Hackney Community College in East London
  • Waltham Forest College in East London
  • South Thames College in South London
  • BPP University College
  • Cambridge Regional College in East London

Courses from these college are maximum below degree level. That means level 1,  level 2, level 3,  level 4 and level 5. In some cases they do university foundation course and level 7 like as PGD etc.

Student Work Permit: According to new Tier 4 reform policy guidance

  • Students at Recognised Bodies (universities) will retain their right to work 20 hours a week part-time and to do work placements where the study : work ratio is 50:50.
  • Students at publicly funded FE colleges will continue to be able to work 10 hours a week part-time.
So if you enroll any of the college above listed publicly funded college then you will get 10 hours part-time work permit in term time and full time in holiday. This rules is for all students including any new and current international students.
If you think this post is important and beneficial for you please don’t forget to share in Facebook, Twitter and Google +.

This is SM Nazir Hossain and I'm blogging about Studying in UK alongside my study when I get spare time. I'm passionate about digital marketing and I love to watch cricket, football, cinema. Desired profession Digital Marketing expert. Follow me in twitter @Twitter

View all contributions by

To get free latest updates, just sign up here

Looking for update from Home office or maybe interested to know more recent news with courses and career guideline! Just sign up with us to know more about Tier 4 latest updates including UKVI news.

98 comments… add one
  • Russel
    August 7, 2013, 1:32 pm Reply

    I Am Interested To Admission LEVEL 6 DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (GRADUATE INTEGRATED) In Buckingham College of London. So I Need To Know, Is It Publicly Funded College & How Many Hours We Can Work In A Week ?

    • admin
      August 8, 2013, 9:09 pm Reply

      Not public funded college. No work rights. Thanks.

  • rinal patel
    March 13, 2014, 1:38 am Reply

    I’m study in acca my visa expire
    In Oct 2014.so I’m looking public funded collage.

    • admin
      March 18, 2014, 1:53 am Reply

      Dear Rina

      Please drop us a email here in admission@thelondonstudy.com

      • Joshua
        August 31, 2014, 11:04 pm Reply

        Hello sir I was student in London college wimbledon in the year 2010 to 2011 I was studying diploma in travel tourism in hospitality management level 3 .i came to india in jan 2011 as I was having vacation holidays after we completed my first semester exams I n my stay I had to extend my stay as I fell sick and I informed the college and they said fine but I must submit medical certificate so did as some days passed I fit n mailed to the college but due to my bad luck , the college had shut down completely without any info to the students ..now I want to complete my education can I again apply for govt funded college and complete my bachelor . I have my S .S.C from india pls suggest me sir will there be any complications for my visa pls help me . I will be waiting for ur email .Thank you

  • namus
    May 29, 2014, 12:05 pm Reply

    Hi, is College of North West London based in Willesden and Wembley Park a publicly funded further college?

    If I be able to work 10hours a week if I study at College of North West London?

  • Mazhar Abbasi
    June 3, 2014, 12:58 pm Reply

    Hi, I am from Pakistan and my qualification is Secondary School Certificate with City & Guilds ESOL B1 and i see Government funded college, i want to know which government college is suitable for me?

  • Habib Ullah Al Amin
    July 13, 2014, 10:21 am Reply

    Hi i am Habib From Bangladesh . Recently i got a CAS from University of Sunderland London Campus against Business management Top Up. Then after submitted my All documents & Passport at embassy university told me that they cancel my admission.. They withdraw my sponsorship . That’s why i refused. Now i want to admit at any highly trusted college in London with 10 hours work permit as soon as possible . so please suggest me which college is suitable for me. ( I have SSC certificate which is equivalent of O level in uk & Completed HDA ( Higher Diploma in Accounting ) under Scottish qualifications Authority & English language course IELTS overall 5.5. ) so please suggest me a college to get a visa..

    • admin
      July 14, 2014, 11:36 pm Reply

      Dear Habib

      Thanks for your recent comments to us. Please email us info@thelondonstudy.com for further admission in September intake. Thanks.

  • anita devi
    July 21, 2014, 6:59 am Reply

    Hello m anita.i m doing cima level seven course.recently my college has been revocked.i want apply my visa government founded college.i got my last visa 5th of december 2013 .tell me plz how much money i have to show.and college fees.

    • admin
      July 21, 2014, 2:33 pm Reply

      Hi Anita

      I’m not sure if you are eligible to study at Government or Public funded college because you need academic progress. If you don’t have any academic progress you may not eligible for admission. It depends on college admission criteria. Please click here to contact us for more details about your admission procedure.

  • Hasnain
    July 21, 2014, 9:51 am Reply

    I’m Hasnain from Pakistan, I have ssc equal to I lvl in uk and diploma in auto ad from construction technology training institute run by forward works organization of Pakistan government.i also have done English language course IELTS.i want to study in uk, pls suggest me some public funded college with 10 hrs work permit per week.thanks sir

  • Harman
    November 18, 2014, 12:11 pm Reply

    hello sir/madam i am a tier 4 student.I am doing level 5.My course going to finish end of this month.Hopefully i will get certificate in management and leadership from CMI (awarding body) level 5.I am looking govt.funded or public funded college for level 6. Looking for at least 10 hour.Can you please give advice what documents and where can i apply thanks.

  • muktader ali
    January 4, 2015, 3:45 pm Reply

    hi i m Ali. now i m student of level 4 in Waltham forest college which is Govt. funded in UK. now , could you tell me please any Govt. funded college do level 5 and 6 together. because in my college they do not do both 5&6 together. if any college do then how much is that college tuition fee. please inform me!!!!

  • sohel
    February 10, 2015, 2:51 am Reply

    hey i am a international student completed level 4 now i want to be admitted into level 5 i have ielts scoure 5 and i want my level 5 course fee between 4500 t0 5000 pound my visa will be expire in 28 may so which colleage is better for managemet or marketing pls replay i am worry about this…

  • Bhuwan Khatiwada
    March 2, 2015, 7:13 am Reply

    hi I want to know the detail I had completed level 7 on export and import on business from newzealAnd can I apply for degree on uk can I get job search visa after complete of course can I apply without ielts due to I had complete my level 7 education from English speaking country , Plz suggests me

  • Santosh Karki
    March 9, 2015, 6:47 pm Reply

    Hi Bhuvan

    Of course you can apply for degree course. As long as you are english speaking country nationals you don’t english, otherwise you will be treated as international student. Hence you need IELTS. Since there is no such visa except graduate entrepreneur and work sponsorship provided good study in the UK , after your degree now. we are education consultants as well , you can ask for free service consultation on Info@nepabiz.co.uk, http://www.nepabiz.co.uk.

  • Saumya
    July 21, 2015, 8:05 am Reply

    Hi. I have got admission at LSE for MSc Economics. I wanted to know if I can apply for jobs while my course is going on(not work during course, just apply). Also, can I apply once my course is over?

  • Anees Bhatti
    April 5, 2016, 11:18 am Reply

    Hello Sir,
    I’m Anees Bhatti from Pakistan. i belong to a poor family, i want to study over there(UK). it’s my dream. My qualification is equal to high School. Can you please help me to get education over there…?

Leave a Comment

Cancel reply