- You must intend to study at a publicly funded university or college, a
- bonafide private institution or a fee-paying independent school.
- You must be able to and intend to follow a full time degree course, or a weekday, full time course at a single institution involving at least 15 hours of organized, daytime study per week.
- You must be able to pay for your course and the living expenses of your husband or wife and children (if they are with you) without working in UK or claiming public funds.
- You must not intend to work in UK unless you are accepted for a
- course lasting longer than six months, when you may work part-time or
- during vacations.
- You must intend to leave UK at the end of your studies.
Documents Required For a Student Visa
1. For student visa you have to pay Tk 14355, in favour of “British High Commission”.
2. All visa fees will need to be paid (Bank Drafts) at designated branches of BRAC Bank Ltd.
3. Applicants will be given a receipt (which will be valid for 30 days from the next working day).
Finger Scans & Photograph For Visa
All persons applying for UK visas, irrespective of nationality, will have to apply in person to one of the VACs to have their finger scans and digital photograph taken.
1. One recent, passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), colour photograph. The photograph should be:
a. Taken against a light coloured (white, off-white etc.) background
b. Clear and of good quality and not framed or backed
c. Printed on normal photographic paper
d. Full face without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless for cultural or religious reasons
You have to submit the following supporting documents:
2. A passport with at least 6 months validity. There must have visa pages to paste the visa document. You can also submit your old passport, if available.
3. One passport sized photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old. Please see photography specification described above.
4. The appropriate visa fee.
5. Evidence to support the information you have given (see below for more details)
6. Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate
7. Acceptance letter from university/college in the UK. In this letter there must have the following information
a. Start and end date of the course
b. How many hours to study per week.
c. Accommodation and its cost information.
d. Tuition fee of this course.
8. Evidence of any previous study or qualifications gained in the UK.
9. Evidence of any English language qualifications e.g. IELTS or TOEFL.
10. Evidence of previous education history.
11. Evidence of the cost of your course fees
12. Evidence of any funds set aside by your financial sponsors specifically to pay for your study
13. Evidence of your financial sponsor’s occupation, income and any savings or assets they have
14. Dependent of a Student
15. Evidence of your sponsor’s permission to live in the UK
16. Evidence of the course of study your sponsor is doing or is going to do in the UK
17. Finances and employment
18. Evidence of your current employment/self employment/occupation/work
19 Evidence of your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax
20. Evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
21. Evidence of any job offers you have
22. Evidence of ability to pay for course.
Uk student visa system has been changed. To know details please follow the link