UKBA raised a new options for Tier 4 students to join in the internship under tier 5 government authorised exchange scheme. UKBA has the approved government authorized exchanges list. From the list of company you must obtain a internship opportunity to apply Tier 5 temporary working visa from Tier 4 (general) student category. Last month UKBA announce some new changes in immigration policy.
If you have been offered for internship from any other company you won’t be able to make for Tier 5 temp working visa. It has to be from a Tier 5 approved government authorized exchange list.
Many of the students asked me what new changes come for the students and most of them think work permit is back (PSW) but for your kind information do not concentrate on rumor. Tier 5 is not a easy way to find internship. You have to have a British degree and very good communication skills to find a place in this category. But nothing is impossible. Although government have got the eye for genuine students for further development and practice after their degree in UK. So I believe this opportunity will really encourage genuine international students. This new rules implemented from 1st November.
To check if you qualify for our Tier 5 sponsorship programme, please see below specifications.
1. The maximum term for placement is 12 months.
2. Minimum qualification is that of an undergraduate enrolled on a course at a NARIC listed institution.
3. The intern must have completed their last studies no more than 2 years ago.
4. The internship should not fit into a Tier 2 (General) occupation category; thereby not affecting the UK Resident Labour Market.
5. The internship should be a full time placement and the conditions of employment should be in line with the National Minimum Wage Act.
6. The intern must be above 18 years of age.
7. The internship should be at least NVQ Level 3.
8. The employer must have the financial & personnel resources to support the intern throughout the internship.
Should you have any questions regarding this please comments here and share your experience if you are a Tier 5 visa holder under Government Scheme.