Trending Stories

Think before you made UK Student visa application

Today is 6th of July 2011 and new Tier 4 Student policy has been forced on 4th July 2011. In this title of this post is bit different because I would like to share something to new students who wants to come in UK for higher education. Nowadays UK is being toughest country to study for international students because of its tougher rules. In this tougher rules you’ll have limited facilities like part-time job opportunity in UK, college/university restriction, dependent restriction, immigration issue, English language proficiency.

Now what I’m going to tell you is, if you really want to Study in UK rather than other intensions like earn money and want to be settle here then right now leave this dream. This is now just a dream in UK.

New Tier 4 Student policy on 4th July 2011:

  • No part time work permit for college student. It doesn’t matter its either  highly trusted or a postgraduate course.
  • No work permit after finishing your study as well. That was called Post Study Work (PSW) which is going to be closed on April 2012.
  • Only university students will be allowed to work 20 hours during term time. Remember again: No college students.
  • From 4 July 2011, only new students sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above lasting 12 months or more, and new Government sponsored students following a course that is longer than six months, will be able to bring their partners and/or children (also known as dependants) to the UK with them
  • Tougher English language requirements.
  • You must return to your country after finishing your studies etc.
This is just a small number of amendments from UK Boarder Agency. To get the full details of Tier 4 Student visa policy please click here to download. Please do not think I’m discouraging you to Study in UK, what I’m trying to do is just let you inform real situation. So make you mind setup to come here for only study purpose rather than nothing.

This is SM Nazir Hossain and I'm blogging about Studying in UK alongside my study when I get spare time. I'm passionate about digital marketing and I love to watch cricket, football, cinema. Desired profession Digital Marketing expert. Follow me in twitter @Twitter

View all contributions by

To get free latest updates, just sign up here

Looking for update from Home office or maybe interested to know more recent news with courses and career guideline! Just sign up with us to know more about Tier 4 latest updates including UKVI news.

17 comments… add one
  • Diganta Gurung
    August 6, 2011, 5:57 am Reply

    Dear sir i have applied for a degree course in city of london college and have already submitted my application on th 20th of april along with my dependant now as they have stopped the dependant scheme will that affect me?????Please reply me as soon as possible…..

  • suji
    September 29, 2011, 12:06 am Reply

    Dear sir
    I have submitted my dissertation in 26th of September from Cavendish college but for the result it will take minimum 12 weeks (Three months) I have got Visa till end of October in this situation what shall I do ? I spoke in my college they told me they do not issue CAS letter for result waiting but till result we should get Visa, and they suggest me to join another MBA course from another college or University, I already paid a lot for this course again how can I afford it we are student we are doing only 20 hours work, when they issued the CAS letter for this course they must give us enough time for the result i think till result we must get Visa, Please give me your suggestion or advise I am suffering very bad situation, I hope you will understand my problem i will be waiting for your suggestion thanks.

    • admin
      September 29, 2011, 5:59 am Reply

      You should contact with UK BA Home office directly. No one (either me or college) can help you out in this situation. Only home office will give you a proper suggestion.

      All the best.

  • suji
    September 29, 2011, 10:21 pm Reply

    Thanks admin

  • himanshu
    December 22, 2012, 11:16 am Reply

    dear admin, can u please tell me that can i get work permit of 10 hrs.i’ve chosen SOUTH THAMES COLLEGE.

  • himanshu
    December 25, 2012, 1:14 pm Reply

    helo admin, can u plz tell me if got admsn in SOUTH THAMES COLLEGE can i get work permit of 10 hrs. i already submitted applicaton in college for CAS letter.

    • himanshu
      January 2, 2013, 1:20 pm Reply

      hey admin can u reply fast……………………………………………………………………..its now 12 days i’v submitted cmnt

      • admin
        January 3, 2013, 6:30 am Reply

        Dear Himanshu

        Sorry for late reply. If you academic progression you can show 2 months fund if not then you have to show maintenance fund upto 9 months. I hope you got my ans. Thanks.

        • himanshu
          January 4, 2013, 1:16 pm Reply

          yeah sure.but…… can i get 10 hrs work permit?

          • himanshu
            January 5, 2013, 1:12 pm Reply

            dear admin my exact ques. is can i get 10 hrs work permit.

            • himansu
              January 7, 2013, 8:04 am Reply

              u r taking so much time dude…………………………….

          • waseem
            February 4, 2013, 11:26 am Reply

            please you repply E mail. I get study in uk . You send me one visa for study in uk .i paid amount .

  • kayode
    January 24, 2013, 10:48 pm Reply

    I appreciate the information on your website.

    I would like to ask if UKBA gives work permit for international student applying for student visa to study ACCA + MBA at London School of Business and Finance?

    I will be expecting your reply soon.


    • admin
      February 3, 2013, 3:30 pm Reply

      LSBF is a private FE education provider and as a result students of LSBF will not to get work permit as per UKBA Tier 4 policy

  • kayode
    January 25, 2013, 1:27 pm Reply


    In addition, the programme I’m about to study at lsbf is on NQF level 7 (ACCA + MBA).

    Will I get a work permit for this course.



  • arul
    April 22, 2014, 9:09 am Reply

    Currently my visa category is psw. so main applicant going to do acca lsbf college Highly trusted sponsor private college.
    My question is
    1) Can her dependent (me) get full work rights.
    2) Can she ( main applicant) get work rights.

Leave a Comment