[July 2010] Major Changes to Tier 4 policy announced by UK Boarder Agency

United Kingdon Boarder Agency made some major changes to Tier 4 policy for international students on 22nd July 2010 which affects migrant students and educational providers sponsoring them under Tier 4 for sponsoring them. From 23rd of July 2010 Who wants to change their Tier 4 sponsor with Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) will be able to begin to able their new course at their own risk while they are waiting for the UK Border Agency to make a decision on their application to change sponsor.  Other’s students who want to change  applying  to an A- or B-rated sponsor are not permitted to begin their new course of study until they receive a positive decision from us on their application to change sponsor. Level of English language requirements has been change also. I’ll discuss further more about Secure English Language Tests on my other article.

Major changes of Tier 4 policy of PBS system are given below. Tier 4 GURU is expecting to publish explanation of these with different article.

  1. Level of English language study
  2. Students applying to change to a different education provider
  3. US student loans
  4. Students with International Baccalaureate qualifications
  5. Secure English language tests

So keep visiting us and follow us @ Twitter and Facebook for the latest update or if you can’t visit daily just fill up our email newsletter which is located just after the header on the right side. By this time visit UK Border Agency for further information.

View all contributions by

To get free latest updates, just sign up here

Looking for update from Home office or maybe interested to know more recent news with courses and career guideline! Just sign up with us to know more about Tier 4 latest updates including UKVI news.

21 comments… add one
  • Piter shing
    July 25, 2010, 10:25 pm Reply

    I’m feared about this tier 4 strategy.. i am a 12th grade student can I apply for student visa with Tier 4. I’m from nepal. Please Tier 4 GURU help me.

    • TIER 4 GURU
      July 25, 2010, 10:27 pm Reply

      Thanks for your comments. If you are above 18 years old, you can apply under Tier 4 general student.

  • raj
    September 7, 2010, 7:12 pm Reply

    hello sir
    my visa date is 14 oct 2009 but i applied on 16 sep 2009 . I was studying in advance diploma in business management and my college had withdrawal now i have taken an admission in another college and i also changed my course in HND IT (Diploma) . I just want to confirm that my spouse can work or not. Reply me as soon as possible.



    • admin
      September 8, 2010, 2:25 pm Reply

      Hello RAJ

      Thanks for your comments. If your spouse got visa then you should know the situation. Because in visa page that should mention whether S/he can work or not.

      Anyway if you are studying in HND, in this case I think this is not a degree level cousre. Before your spouse come please contact with your college and ask about it.

      To get the regular update please subscribe us. Thanks

  • shafi
    September 19, 2010, 5:21 pm Reply

    dear sir
    i come London last december. and i got 1 year visa. i come in to A rated college. but main problem is that. i took admission here in diploma in IT from my home country Bangladesh but when i start my class my college says that we have to study certificate and diploma level both in this year its about 7 subject. now our course is finish. among 40 students,30 student fail in all subject in both level and 5 student pass 2 subject and 2 student pass in 1 subject. and only 3 student pass in 3 subject. and i fail all subject. is it possible to take admission in another college..is it possible to extend my visa.

    • admin
      September 19, 2010, 9:49 pm Reply

      As your course finished and maybe you are visa is going to finish soon. So don’t waste your time. You said you came december 2009 that means you need new visa if you want to change your college. Even if you want to extened your visa you need visa again so its better to do it early

      For further assistant for changing college please email us info@thelondonstudy.com

  • shafi
    September 20, 2010, 12:27 pm Reply

    can i get admission in a college or university..can i extend my visa after admission

    • admin
      September 21, 2010, 12:48 am Reply

      Yes you can. But for this you need a letter from your college. I can help you on this issue email me by providing your mobile no.

      Or call me (email me then I will send my number by email) for further help.

  • shafi
    September 22, 2010, 9:56 am Reply

    i want to admit in university. contact me as soon as possible


  • abrar hussian
    October 30, 2010, 8:51 pm Reply

    sir i want to change my college my visa is under tier 4 …and my course is english language course of one year …plz guide me that how can i change my college and what i hav to do?my classes r started one months ago and finish 10th october 2011.plz guide me..thanx

    • admin
      October 31, 2010, 11:29 pm Reply


      Please email me with your details. thanks

  • Zeb
    November 20, 2010, 11:58 pm Reply

    Hi there,
    I am just waiting for my dissertation’s result in university (it is my second intake of dissertation). I have passed my other courses apart from this dissertation (couldn’t passed before, because of family matters), when I met my University’s supervisor or in-other words my professor he told me that hes’ not really happy with my work and I might will fail. Incase, if I fail, would I be able to apply again for another course and will be able to extend my visa on the basis of new Tier-4 sponsor, I am bit worried and don’t really know what to do, my present visa will expire on 31 Jan’11. What your reccomendation is and the chances to get the visa-reniewed? And if I will apply for reniew, will I need to provide my current results as well?

    • admin
      November 22, 2010, 2:50 am Reply

      Thanks for your comments.

      It’s very important to pass but even if you don’t pass and try this course again it will help you to get visa.

      Please don’t admit another course. If you fail show them you are ready to retake your exam.

      The chances of getting visa will depend on your university circumstance. I mean if you attend your study and meet their requirements then it’s positive. I hope you got your ans. If still confused please feel free to ask me.

  • asif
    January 22, 2011, 2:34 am Reply

    hi sir
    my name is asif i have a very serious issue i enrolled in master degree here in uk univ i on one year visa with 2years psw..my visa is gonna be expire on 31 january and i failed my dissertation,,i want to extent my visa can i get admission in college and apply for visa extention or is there any possible way to extent visaa any way anyyyy….plzz help me out of this thanks.

    • admin
      January 23, 2011, 5:54 pm Reply


      Thanks for your comments. You said ‘You are in one year visa and 2 years PSW’. I am bit confused actually in which visa permit you have at the moment actually. If you are in PSW visa and now want to go back for STUDENT visa then I think its maybe hard for you.
      But if you have student visa and wants to extend you visa then you might have some chances though you failed your dissertation.

      Best Wishes

  • arif
    February 21, 2011, 8:35 pm Reply

    hello sir,
    i am finishing my undergraduate course in september 2011 and my visa expiring in 1/10/2011. as my result will not be declared before november 2011, will it be possible to extend my visa till i get my result.

    thank you

  • vinod kumar nerrella
    February 28, 2011, 6:07 pm Reply

    hello sir,
    I am vinod nerrella i am studying in uk university but my serious issue is i failed my dissertation in masters(but i passed all subjects) i am on student extension(expired may30th). Is there any chance to get PSW visa. I heard even dissertation fails we can get PSW visa(1year) on PG diploma, please tel me is it true.
    thank you

  • waseem hayder abu fateh mubeen
    March 8, 2011, 5:42 am Reply

    assalam o alaikum

    dear brother 1st of all i really appreciate ur effort to help out lots of people through ur precious pieces of advice and support.

    i m b.com and will u recommend me some course in uk after having done that i could easily b able to get the work permit or any legal status in uk.

    A quick response will b appreciated.


    • admin
      March 9, 2011, 10:55 am Reply

      Present immigration rules won’t give you any work permit opportunity after completing your study but reform immigration rules are coming soon.

  • nithin
    March 15, 2011, 3:03 pm Reply

    hello sir,
    i heard about something about uk visa rules, after April they will change triel4 visa rules. sir anything happens after april. what conditions will come sir?

    • admin
      March 15, 2011, 3:21 pm Reply

      There is a possibility to know the results by 21 March 2011, if it is not happened by this time, we may have to wait till early May 2011!

Leave a Comment

Cancel reply