Recent Tier 4 licence suspension of 3 University and 57 FE colleges brought 14 London branch campus Universities in QAA’s watch list. UK’s quality assurance agency (QAA) announced an immediate inspection to the London branch campuses.
QAA Chief Executive Anthony McClaran said: ‘Partnership provision through London sites and campuses has grown significantly recently. We wish to understand better the trend of institutions from outside London setting up a presence in the capital and the implications for the assurance of quality and standards.
QAA also confirmed they had discussions with Home office about these London branch campuses and QAA will run an investigation to justify its quality of education and services they provide to the overseas students in branch campus. The intention is to find out the profitability of these site campuses whether its financial or educational.
Through the inquiry, QAA will examine the nature of these satellite campuses and partnership arrangements. It will explore how these partnerships are managed and, most importantly, assure the quality of the learning experience of students.
Now if you are a student of any of these university you don’t need to worry about it right now. The following university will go through a review by QAA
- Anglia Ruskin University London Branch Campus
- Bangor University London Center
- Coventry University London campus
- University of Cumbria London
- University of East Anglia London
- Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) London campus
- Glyndwr University London
- University of Liverpool London
- Loughborough University London
- Northumbria University London
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- University of Ulster London Campus
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David (TSD) London
- University of South Wales London Center
If you are a student of any of these university then keep calm yourself. Don’t panic it just what Home office wants to assure the quality and facilities they are providing to the international students. I’m pretty sure all university in London trying best to serve students. So many people spread many news such as this university closed, that university in the blacklist etc. But my advice would be please always check to UKVI’s website to see your university sponsor.