As we know already UKBA closing Tier 1 Post Study Work (PSW) permit for international students closing from April 2012. Overseas students who already studied in UK won’t be able to apply PSW visa any more. But the good news is UK Boarder Agency recently announced in their website about Student entrepreneur or Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur route will be open for genuine University students only. Only UK University students will be able to apply this route and number of places would be up to 1000 applicants. For sure it will effect only a small number of international students.
Literally private institutes international students won’t able to apply for this graduate scheme due to very small capacity. Generally university students will be one step ahead always in this rally. But nothing to worry for rest of the students there is a another route for young entrepreneurs or small company directors will get the chance to stay on in the UK after their studies if they have £50,000 to invest in their business.
Recent UK Immigration changes at a Glance:
- A new scheme called Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) will be introduced instead of PSW
- Immigration (Visa) fees increasing from 6th April 2012
- You will be limited to spending five years on courses at degree level.
- Maintenance fund increasing from £800 to £1000 (Inner London) and £600 to £800 (Outer London)
- Post Study Work (PSW) visa closed from 5th April 2012
So all the following changes will apply on or after 6th April. To kee update yourself please join with us in Study in UK facebook fan page.